1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound (5 links- favorite Italian sausage)
1/2 white or yellow onion
1/4 red pepper
1/4 green pepper
1tsp garlic powder
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp Lowery garlic salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage flakes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp white sugar
Parmesan Cheese to taste
1 package linguine
8 small Bella mushrooms (chopped)
2 Jars ( 8 ounces)
24 ounces tomato sauce (Plain or your favorite)
1 can 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
Five Cheese Garlic Bread
1. In a dutch oven place 2 quarts of water with kosher salt & 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to a boil then add linguine and cook for 11-15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and place back in the dutch oven pot. Add 1 tbsp oil oil and 1 tsp parsley. Stir, cover and set aside.
2. Place Italian sausage and 3 cups of water into a cast iron skillet and set on high to boil uncovered. When water is evaporated pour in 1 tbsp olive oil and brown on all sides at medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Cover and set aside..
3. While sausage is cooking brown ground beef then add chopped onions, red, green peppers, garlic, garlic salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, sugar, mushrooms, and sage. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to low to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add roasted garlic and herb tomato sauce to the meat mixture in step 2. Slice up Italian sausage and add to meat sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce back to low heat.
5. Preheat Oven according to package directions for the five cheese garlic bread. (11-15 minutes).
6. After bread is done turn everything off and let rest to absorb all the flavors for a minimum of five minutes. Pour your favorite glass of wine and enjoy. TIP: Keep and store the noodle separate from the sauce.